2015 Vermentino

2015 Vermentino
Wine Specs
Vintage
2015
Varietal
Vermentino
Appellation
Texas Hill Country AVA
Alcohol %
13.4
In Stock
Add To Cart
$30.00
 
SKU: 2015 Vermentino
Add To Cart
$360.00
/ Case of 12
 

2015 VERMENTINO

MANDOLA VINEYARD | DRIFTWOOD, TX

TEXAS HILL COUNTRY  

 

100% Vermentino  |  Mandola Vineyard  

Alcohol 14%   |    pH: 3.42                

TA: 6.2            |    VA: .33

Malic Acid: 1.6               

302 cases produced

 

This vintage of Vermentino is backed by growth and bounty from all aspects of the winegrowing process.  The Mandola Vineyard where the grapes came from is located in Driftwood Texas, and is comprised of a lot of limestone, lending favorable nutrients to the grapes that allow them to grow with great quality. Also, 2015 saw a very wet spring and a hot, dry summer which generated quick growing vines and an abundance of grapes. Lots of time was spent in the vineyard thinning and trimming, especially early on. Once the grapes were in our hands, we oak fermented 30% and stainless steel fermented the remaining 70%. The wine also underwent lees stirring for about 7 months, bringing forth that minerality and seashell quality.

Light in the glass with pale, lemony edges, it shows bright kiwi, star fruit & lemon custard on the nose. Displaying a broad and richly textured core, the edges are lifted with hints of bread fruit. Like a citrus panna cotta, subtle & seductive, it is understated with a fresh balance and finishes with freshly pulled basil and mint.

 

PAIRS WELL WITH: Fish Tacos | Chicken Tacos | Halibut | Salmon | Prosciutto Wrapped Melon | Ricotta | Buffalo Mozzarella | Goat Cheese | Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli | Hummus | Almonds

Tech Sheet

Wine Specs
Vintage
2015
Varietal
Vermentino
Appellation
Texas Hill Country AVA
Alcohol %
13.4