New Year's Day Black Eyed Pea Cook-off
On January 1st join us for our NEW YEAR'S DAY PARTY! We’ve got a distinctly southern cookoff planned that's sure to bring everyone plenty of good luck in the year ahead.
The festivities start at 1 p.m. giving you plenty of time to sleep off New Year’s Eve shenanigans. Come get your obligatory black-eyed peas and have a little Texas-grown “hair of the dog” while you’re at it. Glass and bottle service will be available.
- A new year's toast with our winemakers
- Sampling of all black-eyed peas with one vote to cast for your favorite
- Live music
Children 12 and up require a ticket.
Your $50 contest entry fee includes:
- Admission for two cooks
- A commemorative New Year’s apron for each chef
- One vote per participant for your favorite dish
- New Year's toast with William Chris wine
- A sampling of all entries
COOKS CHECK IN AND SET UP AT 12 PM
Entrants must prepare a dish based on Black-Eyed Peas. Teams must prepare enough for 200 1 oz sample cups. First prize gets $500 and a case of William Chris wine, there will also be cash and merchandise prizes for our second and third place teams.